In that someone who chooses to be religious can very well be scientifically informed, or indeed, a great scientific mind. And that someone who revels in scientific discovery can fall in love with a religion if they so choose.
When people stop denying…
I think the difference here between what you both are talking about, is “religion” =/= “fanatism”. I mean, the people, not the religion per se.
How can anyone have “a great scientific mind” but also believe there’s an invisible man in the sky watching our every move in order to decide whether we get to spend the afterlife in a pit of fire or playing harps with angels on a fluffy cloud?
How can I answer something that doesn’t take this argument serious? You disrespect us both if you can’t be logical here. I had a professor once tell me that religion is that which cannot be defined. It is deeply personal.
For example your invisible man who predetermines something is actually highly controversial, most especially in Christianity. Perhaps earlier than Luther’s reformation Christianity has stood divided upon whether our lives are predetermined, or if we are made by a sort of clock-maker who either lets us work out on our own, or steps in to adjust the hands.
Reblogged from - the impeccable paranymph
Source - littlefindsforgot
- glitchinthematrixx likes this
- illbeonthathill likes this
- concerningdwarves reblogged this from littlefindsforgot and added:
- rockandrollwinterfell likes this
- littlefindsforgot reblogged this from rockandrollwinterfell and added:
- rockandrollwinterfell reblogged this from littlefindsforgot and added:
- lumberjess likes this
- paranymph reblogged this from ferreuscelo and added:
- jasmineleilani likes this
- blissfulsloth reblogged this from littlefindsforgot and added:
- behindmyiris likes this
- ferreuscelo reblogged this from littlefindsforgot and added:
- atwarwithallthatisright likes this
- merz-girl likes this
- r-e-v-a-n-c-h-i-s-t reblogged this from littlefindsforgot
- r-e-v-a-n-c-h-i-s-t likes this
- divinehours likes this
- littlefindsforgot posted this