In that someone who chooses to be religious can very well be scientifically informed, or indeed, a great scientific mind. And that someone who revels in scientific discovery can fall in love with a religion if they so choose.
When people stop denying scientific fact in favor of religious beliefs. Perhaps then the scientific field wouldn’t be so rejecting of religion, but right now, the religious right is trying to erode scientific progress.
That’s really not necessarily true. Religion isn’t doing anything. It’s stupidity that is. Religion (at least the Abrahamic tradition) makes no comments on science at all. None of the texts deal with science.
Then let me clarify: when the followers of the Abrahamic religions stop trying to halt scientific progress, perhaps then they can be in harmony. But unfortunately, you can’t look at the beliefs in a vacuum. Yes, there are a lot of good lessons and parables in the texts, but when a vocal minority takes those texts, warps them over many years, and builds a dangerous patriarchy, and then gets billions to follow them, you cannot separate religion the idea from religion the organized system.
Almost half of the US population believes that the earth is only 6,000 years old and the book of Genesis should be taken literally. Almost half.
Most of modern day science is founded on ancient Islamic and Monastic work. You can’t blame religion for people being uninformed. A lot of people who are not in the Abrahamic religion hold beliefs that make no sense in the world of science.
Religion and science have no qualms with each other. The fight is with ignorance, and to eradicate ignorance is not the same thing as eradicating religion.
Reblogged from - all roses have thorns
Source - littlefindsforgot
- glitchinthematrixx likes this
- illbeonthathill likes this
- concerningdwarves reblogged this from littlefindsforgot and added:
- rockandrollwinterfell likes this
- littlefindsforgot reblogged this from rockandrollwinterfell and added:
- rockandrollwinterfell reblogged this from littlefindsforgot and added:
- lumberjess likes this
- paranymph reblogged this from ferreuscelo and added:
- jasmineleilani likes this
- blissfulsloth reblogged this from littlefindsforgot and added:
- behindmyiris likes this
- ferreuscelo reblogged this from littlefindsforgot and added:
- atwarwithallthatisright likes this
- merz-girl likes this
- r-e-v-a-n-c-h-i-s-t reblogged this from littlefindsforgot
- r-e-v-a-n-c-h-i-s-t likes this
- divinehours likes this
- littlefindsforgot posted this