moonbehindclouds: I, J, Q
I: Five Turn Ons
- Intelligence - never underestimate the power of knowledge. When a guy can explain the beauty of quantum mechanics or the logistics of classical history I am sold. Funnily enough, it’s a quality in my dad that often causes me to go “Ugh, I don’t caaaaaareeee”.
- Agressive - yea um, I’m pretty sure this sums up my sexuality.
- Well-dressed - Superficial I suppose, but honestly it’s so hard to find guys my style in North America. Most guys who have some sense of fashion here match it in entitlement.
- Hot bod - I mean, yea.
- Charm - this is pretty self-explanatory, but you’d be surprised how many guys lack charm or do not realize how important is. Just having a hot bod and fashion sense will not sell you to me, or most girls. But being able to make someone make feel the centre of your world is something entirely different
J: Five Turn Offs
- Effeminate - honestly I’ve dated so many woman guys. As this is tumblr I’m sure someone will write me something about gender norms but whatever. When a guy is more emotional than you it’s really hard to take them seriously. Given that I have a very strong personality I hate when I overpower a guy.
- Attitude - this goes hand in hand with old school Lindsay. Back when I was, ahem, into the hardcore scene here in Toronto, I used to hang out with a group of kids who thought they were coolest. Now I realize that a lot of this stems from insecurity. Such quotes as “I don’t care what you think abou what I’m wearing” is an obvious defense. Defensive guys are a no-no
- Disrespectful - as someone whose worked in service since they were 15 I’ve been treated all sorts of ways. On the other end, I’ve been out with guys who treat their waitress like crap in order to assert “dominance”. There are other places to do that, and it can be done without being a dick
- Ignorance - “Egypt is in Africa?”. Seriously, if you don’t know basic geography or history that’s one thing. But I study anthropology, and coming from a Christian background it has been a great journey for me to accept evolution. I decided that I had to inform myself before I made an opinion. If you give me some wishy washy piss about how intelligent design should be taught in the classroom I am fully armed to shut you down.
- Misogynist - I do not need to be “taught” anything, no more than I need you to shush me. When guys treat me like some delicate thing I don’t really mind it, but when guys impose their norms onto me it’s so much unwanted pressure. I once dated a guy who wouldn’t let me swear. I mean, God forbid I cuss! How unladylike! As much as I like traditional gender roles, I understand how to assume them without being trapped in them
Q: Guilty Pleasure
- 90s female rock