Esperanza, a teenage girl with acute leukemia living in the Dominican Republic, will die if she doesn’t start chemotherapy treatments as soon as possible. But she’s nine weeks pregnant, and her country banned abortion even in cases where the mother’s life is in danger back in 2010.
And here’s yet another reason it’s stupid to outlaw abortion.
This is what pro-lifers want.
So, how does it feel pro-lifers? How does it feel to know you’ve accomplished this?
well, I mean isn’t it a bit far fetched to say that pro lifers want girls to die of cancer? Because that’s kind of what the statement implies. I don’t think pro lifers get up in the morning and say “oh, wow, I think I want some girls to die of cancer because she has a baby that she wants to abort. The thoughts of this kind of thing happening isn’t a common one. Most people who are pro life are thinking about the fact that some people use it as a method of birth control and not really in a responsible manner. I’m not trying to step on any toes, but isn’t it a little harsh to say that a situation like that is “what pro lifers want”? Not all pro life people are mean people that bash people who get abortions.
If this isn’t what they wanted, they should have read the menu more carefully before they ordered.
That “some people use it as birth control” thing? It’s garbage. It’s pure garbage. They bring it up, and when someone mentions the health and medical reasons for abortion, they turn around and say “Oh, let’s not bring up a lot of wildly improbably hypothetical situations up.” The imagined person who uses abortion as birth control is central to the debate but it’s cheating to bring up anybody who has a medical reason for an abortion.
You know what? This girl’s blood is going to be on the hands of everyone who fights against legal abortion.
At this moment, that includes you.
Well I can see both sides of the argument here. And I don’t see anything wrong with a well debated point. I honestly wish it was countered better because it leaves the offence quite lacking.
This is a perfectly justifiable case in which abortion should be an option, especially if the mother’s very own life is at risk.
Quite frankly, I fail to see another plausible side to this.
See, that was a much better and quite simpler argument. It’s more effective than the ‘fuck you approach’.
Reblogged from - un peu de tout
Source - sarahlee310
- sagemage reblogged this from luminescentshadows
- luminescentshadows reblogged this from fulloflightning
- fulloflightning reblogged this from escapistinwonderland
- philosophyandrandomawesometopics reblogged this from dftbashe
- fromstarstostarfish reblogged this from kirklandfruits
- gravediggeress reblogged this from theboredomkillingbusiness
- theboredomkillingbusiness reblogged this from kirklandfruits
- iamluthien likes this
- artisv reblogged this from pixie--rose
- artisv likes this
- smallsingrey reblogged this from babybisbat
- missanndree reblogged this from fuckyeawecanlivelikethis
- fuckyeawecanlivelikethis reblogged this from presidentjonesco
- pussysofreshlikelisterine likes this
- miserycrawl likes this
- angelinthesnow likes this
- dearjuliet reblogged this from thecuntmentality
- deadgirlblogging reblogged this from goldenheartedrose
- apiroscsizmak likes this
- tellmanystories reblogged this from bittergrapes
- flamingpineapplefruitdoll reblogged this from reolthalthor and added:
- chair-man-m3ow reblogged this from serendipitousrainbows
- serendipitousrainbows reblogged this from raithunder
- claveles likes this
- melodidreams reblogged this from yourenotsylviaplath
- queer-mannequin reblogged this from unnecessaryemotion
- teeyuhlay reblogged this from dwntotheundrgrnd
- the13pianist likes this
- amberfoxfire likes this
- zoezoloft reblogged this from unnecessaryemotion
- zillah975 reblogged this from tygermama and added:
- laughingacademy likes this
- dee2012 reblogged this from how-woozy-my-heart
- how-woozy-my-heart reblogged this from b0ttled-rage
- caralanzendorfer reblogged this from thecuntmentality
- a-bluerose reblogged this from deducecanoe
- inked-gold likes this
- ellaskye reblogged this from simplyiswise
- ellaskye likes this
- deducecanoe reblogged this from saintmarymagdalene and added:
- simplyiswise reblogged this from selfishfool
- inmymindifindicantrelyonmyself reblogged this from chocolateoblivion
- feligrrrosa reblogged this from brujitaxicanita
- givemetheblangst likes this
- fuckwhatwasthatsongcalled reblogged this from come-for-me-one-day
- tygermama reblogged this from thecuntmentality
- dontgetinaspaceshipwithamadman reblogged this from come-for-me-one-day
- dropthelabels likes this
- come-for-me-one-day reblogged this from goldenheartedrose